Tuesday, March 06, 2007

REVIEW: SCANDALOUS GRACE


Scandalous Grace: Celebrate the Liberating & Tantalizing Realities of Divine Grace! by Julie Ann Barnhill

This was my first book by this author, but you can be guaranteed that I'll be reading more! I laughed, and I cried, and I did "the hanky wave"!

Ms. Barnhill's humor is comparable to that of Christian comedian Chonda Pierce -- at times just side-splitting funny! But, her life-stories and insights make you nod your head in agreement, or sigh with longing.

I especially liked --and could relate to-- the chapter called "Stomach Girl". Her "horror stories" of visits to the "crypt" will make you cringe in rememberance. ;o)

Amidst all of her humorous tales, Ms. Barnhill makes it abundantly clear that God loves us JUST AS WE ARE, and desires for us to accept His lavish grace. All we have to do is "let go".

I highly recommend this book!

Rated: B+

No comments: