Thursday, March 15, 2007

REVIEW: THE HEIR


THE HEIR by Paul Robertson

When billionaire Melvin Boyer dies in a car crash, his son Jason inherits his fortune. Jason is now the not-so-proud owner of "half the state" and his father's wealth. His wife is thrilled, but all Jason can think is "I don't want this".

As Jason struggles to decide what to do, more people connected with the Boyer family are dying -- are the deaths really just "accidents", or is someone sending Jason a message?

This book was an excellent, quick-paced read. The only qualms I had with it were that the characters' dialogue seemed a bit curt / choppy, and the ending seemed to be tied up a little too neatly. Otherwise, though, it was a great mystery... I had an idea of who-dunnit, but I couldn't figure it out! :o)

This is Robertson's first novel, and I'd say he did a pretty good job. I'd be willing to try more by him.

Rated: B

2 comments:

TaunaLen said...

Thanks for the info on the Bible in One Year yahoo group. I submitted a request to join, and I may just jump into the Beth Moore study, if my schedule permits. I did absolutely love INKHEART, and I posted a review on it here. I ordered another Cornelia Funke book, I will have to check and see whether it’s INKSPELL. If not, I’ll be ordering it from Amazon.com first thing!

Hope you’re enjoying your weekend!

~TaunaLen

TaunaLen said...

oops, the 'here' is supposed to be my blog. You can check out the review there. :-)