Friday, August 25, 2006

REVIEW: RELENTLESS

Relentless by Robin Parrish

Grant Borrows has been "Shifted" ~ given a new face & a new name, & some extraordinary abilities! And he immediately finds himself in danger. Someone -for whatever reason- is trying to kill him, and so he's forced to run.

This is a fast-paced thriller that didn't let up. There were so many twists & turns that I could never guess what was coming!

My only qualm with this book was that it could've used a better proof-reader/editor. There were quite a few instances where things didn't match up (character sat down on couch, and then three sentences later sat down on the couch...)

What really surprised me about the book was that, it's a Christian book, and yet God is really not mentioned at all! There's a brief reference to him almost at the end, but that's about it! I looked for an allegory of some sort, and I *may* have found one, but it was *that* difficult to discern, so anybody could read this book and enjoy it for the thriller it is -- even those who hate Christian fiction! :o)

Parrish has done an excellent job with this first book in his DOMINION TRILOGY. I certainly look forward to reading the others!

Rated: A

1 comment:

twiga92 said...

Woo hoo! Glad to hear it was good. This is on my wishlist. I should check my library.